This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet 09 that begins with:
Fair is the rising morn when o'er the sky
The orient sun expands his roseate ray,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaababccdcdcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10010111001 010110101001 11000101011 10110000101 1100010111 1101010101 1101010001 0111110101 1001010011 0011000101 1101010101 11001001101 1101011101 11010011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 597
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet 09;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Southey
- Analysis of Inscription 05 - For A Monument At Silbury-Hill
- Analysis of Inscription 06 - For A Monument In The New Forest
- Analysis of The Cross Roads