This is an analysis of the poem Inscription 06 - For A Monument In The New Forest that begins with:
This is the place where William's kingly power
Did from their poor and peaceful homes expel,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXbXXcacbXabXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 00011101010 0011110101 1001001100 0100010011 1111011101 1101001111 11011100101 1111000101 0111010100 1001011111 0101011111 1101111000 01010111010 1101100101 1111010111 1111100100 1101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 724
- Average number of words per stanza: 125
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Inscription 06 - For A Monument In The New Forest;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.