This is an analysis of the poem Mine Eyes Were Swift To Know Thee that begins with:
MINE eyes were swift to know thee, and my heart
As swift to love. I did become at once... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaXbbXXXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101011111 1101100111 1101010001 010010101 1111011101 1111111110 1111011111 1101101111 0100010101 1111010101 101111111 1100111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 516
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thine, and, thee, knew are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mine Eyes Were Swift To Know Thee;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.