This is an analysis of the poem Youth And Love that begins with:
To the heart of youth the world is a highwayside.
Passing for ever, he fares; and on either hand,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaaX bcbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 001010100100 101101111101 10010100101 1001011110101 11010100100 11011110101 10011100101 11110111101 1101110010101 11010110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Youth And Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.