This is an analysis of the poem Dedicatory Poem For "Underwoods" that begins with:
TO her, for I must still regard her
As feminine in her degree,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbbXbaXb cdcddedXed afaffefeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001111010 11000001 110101100 11010111 11010101 1110001100 01010001 0011000100 110101000 10110011 010101010 11111101 111011110 11110011 10111111 1010001010 110100101 111001000 0100101010 11011101 011101010 11010101 111111010 11010011 11010101 010101110 01101101 111010010 100111000 10111100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 343
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words year, oft are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dedicatory Poem For "Underwoods";
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.