This is an analysis of the poem To Willie And Henrietta that begins with:
If two may read aright
These rhymes of old delight ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb ccdd aabb eeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011110 110101 111101 1111011101 100101 010111 010101 1101011101 100101 110101 100101 1101010101 10100101 010001 111111 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Willie And Henrietta;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.