This is an analysis of the poem Kiss Her Everyday that begins with:
Reader, have you got a wife?
Kiss her ev'ry day. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Ba bccc B d bX Beee b d bd bfff B fX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,4,1,1,2,4,1,1,2,4,1,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 10101 1010011 010101 1010101 11110101 111101010011 110101 101110100 100101 10101010 10101 101110010 10111110 10111010 10101 111111110 01101 10011110 10101 10111111 1010001 1110101 110101 1010111 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 59
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word her at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kiss Her Everyday;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.