This is an analysis of the poem The Sunny Side that begins with:
Two newsboys stood where warehouse shade
Fell on the sidewalk chill and dun, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab cb a a aX XX a a cd c d aXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,1,1,2,2,1,1,2,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 11011111 11011101 11011101 11010101 11000101 11011101 01010111 11010101 01010001 11111101 11010101 11100101 11010101 11010101 11010101 11010111 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 48
- Average number of words per stanza: 9
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sunny Side;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.