This is an analysis of the poem To Silvia that begins with:
Pardon my trespass, Silvia! I confess
My kiss out-went the bounds of shamefacedness:--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10111100101 111101010000 1001111111 0111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Silvia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Herrick
- Analysis of To Daisies, Not To Shut So Soon
- Analysis of The Transfiguration
- Analysis of To His Paternal Country