This is an analysis of the poem The Transfiguration that begins with:
Immortal clothing I put on
So soon as, Julia, I am gone... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbb bXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 11110111 0101010 11110101 11010001 11111001 11011111 01100100 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 96
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Transfiguration;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Herrick
- Analysis of To His Paternal Country
- Analysis of The Present; Or, The Bag Of The Bee:
- Analysis of To His Sweet Saviour