This is an analysis of the poem Ichabod that begins with:
Gone is the glory from the hills,
The autumn sunshine from the mere,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbX abba cabcab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10010001 01011001 11100101 01010101 010110001 01011101 01010101 110010101 011100101 11010111 01010101 100010111 100010111 11100111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ichabod;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.