This is an analysis of the poem Andrew M’crie that begins with:
from the unpublished remains of Edgar Allan Poe
It was many and many a year ago,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abaXcb dBXXeb fBXXcbdb XbfbeX dbbdbXX cXgbggbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,8,6,7,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0001001010101 01101100101 0010101 10111111001 1010101 1011100101 1111101 111111111 0010101 111001111101 11101 00110101011 0111001 1010101111 0010101 0110101010 0111101 11111101 1110101 111000101 10100101 01011111011 110111 1110101111 1100101 11111101001 101101101 101011001101 01011011 01011011 110100101 11011011 111100101 0010101 11111111001 110101 1111010101 101011101 111001011011 101101001001 001001101 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, of are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines he is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word m'crie at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Andrew M’crie;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.