This is an analysis of the poem Provide, Provide that begins with:
The witch that came (the withered hag)
To wash the steps with pail and rag...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaX bbb ccc ddd eee bbbXbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 01010111 11010100 01010101 11010110 11010101 11010101 10110011 11110101 10110111 01010101 11111111 11011111 10110101 11101111 11000101 100110101 11010101 10011101 01010111 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Provide, Provide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.