This is an analysis of the poem My November Guest that begins with:
My Sorrow, when she's here with me,
Thinks these dark days of autumn rain...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaab acaac dadda edeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11110101 11001110 11010101 11010101 01001111 11111101 11011101 11010101 01010101 01000101 01010101 01011101 11111111 11011101 11011101 01010101 01010001 10010101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My November Guest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.