This is an analysis of the poem The Base Stealer that begins with:
Poised between going on and back, pulled
Both ways taut like a tightrope-walker,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXbbaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101111 111101110 101100100 110111011 1011011111 1001000111 1110101010 1010110101 110101111 1001001001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 409
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Base Stealer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.