This is an analysis of the poem In Memoriam: Four Poets that begins with:
Searock his tower above the sea,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXX X aabb X acac X dddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 100100101 10111100 10110101 11010101 1 11010101 01011111 10010101 11000101 1 01000101 10010101 10100101 01111101 1 01110101 01010101 11001101 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 65
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; searock, to, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words searock, his are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Memoriam: Four Poets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.