This is an analysis of the poem A Mother's Loss. that begins with:
When I did name her little lost one, she
Brushed from her eyes the precious drops of love,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010111 1001010101 100100001110 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Mother's Loss.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.