This is an analysis of the poem La Bella Bona Roba. To My Lady H. Ode that begins with:
Tell me, ye subtill judges in loves treasury,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xccc Xddd XXXXXaccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1 111101001100 0111111011 0101010100 1 1101111101 01011000111 1101001101 1 10011011111 1111010001 1011011101 1 1001010101 1111011101 10101101001 1 1001110011 110111110 1011111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Bella Bona Roba. To My Lady H. Ode;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Richard Lovelace
- Analysis of Love Inthron'D. Ode
- Analysis of Peinture. A Panegyrick To The Best Picture Of Friendship, Mr. Pet. Lilly.
- Analysis of A Dialogue Betwixt Cordanus And Amoret, On A Lost Heart