This is an analysis of the poem Love Inthron'D. Ode that begins with:
Introth, I do my self perswade,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbccdd XeXeXXXaX XaaXaffff XdbdbggXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 10111110 10110101 11010011 1110000101 1110101 110111 111011111 1101010101 1 010111001 110100110 11011111 11010100 110001 110101 0100101 0111100010 1 10001001 11111101 11001100 110110101 100101 010101 11010111 010001011 1 1100111001 10010101 11011101 11110101 000100 110101 111111110 011110011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Inthron'D. Ode;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Richard Lovelace
- Analysis of Peinture. A Panegyrick To The Best Picture Of Friendship, Mr. Pet. Lilly.
- Analysis of A Dialogue Betwixt Cordanus And Amoret, On A Lost Heart
- Analysis of A Mock Charon. Dialogue