This is an analysis of the poem Extras that begins with:
THE CROCUSES in the Square
Lend a winsome touch to the May; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaccc cddccbXb ee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100001 10101001 0111001 0100111 111101 10010101 1010101 011011111 0101001 110101 110111 0001001 1110101 10101111 1010100100 11111111 110100101 0101101111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Extras;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.