This is an analysis of the poem Love Is Strong that begins with:
A VIEWLESS thing is the wind,
But its strength is mightier far ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101001 10101001 1010010101 10100101 1010101 1011100 1010011101 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words than, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Is Strong;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.