This is an analysis of the poem The Double-Bed Dream Gallows that begins with:
hot brushy country ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXb XXbXXX XbaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 11010 0110 1101 10110 1101 11101 01010 0101 100010 001010 101 1100 11101 0110 111 01110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 15 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Double-Bed Dream Gallows;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Richard Brautigan
- Analysis of Tournesol
- Analysis of Part 8 Of Trout Fishing In America
- Analysis of Part 4 Of Trout Fishing In America