This is an analysis of the poem Part 4 Of Trout Fishing In America that begins with:
THE AUTOPSY OF
TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a b c X b c a b b d a b a X X c X d d X a a X X X X a X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01100 11000100 000110011000100101 1000100101101110 10001110010101 0101011011011001 0110111111101 0110011000100 110101001101111 1110001000010101 110101001000110 1011010001010100 1010111111111 01001111101010 10000100010100100 11011100101001000 010100100101011 11010010001000 10111001010010 11101010101011000 11 1111010011000100 11000111000101010 100111 1100010010101001 1011010100101011 0101011010101011 10111010101010 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 29
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 49
- Average number of words per stanza: 9
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; trout, creek, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Part 4 Of Trout Fishing In America;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Richard Brautigan
- Analysis of Part 7 Of Trout Fishing In America
- Analysis of Part 6 Of Trout Fishing In America
- Analysis of Part 9 Of Trout Fishing In America