This is an analysis of the poem Round-Pond that begins with:
Water ruffled and speckled by galloping wind
Which puffs and spurts it into tiny pashing breaks ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcdb XX aXcad Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,5,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101011011001 111100010101 10101010111 01000101010 010100011010 00110001001 01001001 101001 001010 110110111110 010111010 1010001 110111010 11001 100110100110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Round-Pond;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.