This is an analysis of the poem To... that begins with:
You have been my love for so many years,
My giddiness before so much waiting,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXbba cbXX XXcXdeXeXd bXda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,10,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111100 1100011110 1101111 101101011 11011011 10110101 110101101 1101110 1011101 0111101 10101011 11111101 1001101 0010010010 11001010 10111011 10101011 00101100 10101011 10100111 1011111 1110111 11110101 11100101 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, at are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines us is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.