This is an analysis of the poem Dedication To M. that begins with:
Swing of the heart. O firmly hung, fastened on what
invisible branch. Who, who gave you the push,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXeXXebXfbdXgg aXfcXXaaacXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111011011 01001111101 111010001 11110010011110 001000101001010 010010111110100 1010001 01101001101 0101011011011 11001001 11011001001 0100110100101010 1010100101010 10110 1000110100 0010110010 011100111110110 10100111001010 1111011010110 1001 110110011100100 1 01101000101001111 1110000 10111011011 00111111101010010 10000111000110 10011111110 101110111 1101011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 668
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, how, it are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dedication To M.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.