This is an analysis of the poem Adam that begins with:
Marveling he stands on the cathedral's
steep ascent, close to the rose window,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa XaXb XbX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001110100 101100110 11101001010 111111 11110111 11111100100 1001010100 10111111 0010010101 0101100 011111001 1101010010 101011111 110101011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adam;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.