This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Day that begins with:
Lord: it is time. The summer was immense.
Lay your shadow on the sundials...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb Xbac cXdXbcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001010101 11111010 11101001 1011001 10010111001 10010011 0110000101 01011110111 101 01000110011101 1 01111110 1100101111 100101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Day;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.