This is an analysis of the poem Before Summer Rain that begins with:
Suddenly, from all the green around you,
something-you don't know what-has disappeared;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XccX badXadb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1000101011 1011111101 11010100010 0101000111 11010100010 0101011101 111011101 01111101010 01010110101 010110011 110010111110 101010101001 0101011011 1110110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Before Summer Rain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.