This is an analysis of the poem All Authority Is Subject To My Lord that begins with:
What a marvelous creator is my Lord:
All authority is subject to my Lord...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa Xa ba Xa Xa Xa ca aa aa ca Xa aa XaXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100010011 10100001011 10101011101 10101000111 10111110100 10101110011 10101010101 10111000111 11101100111 11101011111 00101000111 10101010011 01100011001 10101110011 10101110111 01100110111 00101011101 10001010011 11001000100 11101010111 10100010100 00100010011 10101001111 11101010011 11111010101 10110110011 10101000110 00100010111
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 81
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, lord, he, all, and, in, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words all, are repeated.
The author used the same word of at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines lord, are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word lord at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of All Authority Is Subject To My Lord;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.