This is an analysis of the poem Agony Of Love that begins with:
You ask, my love, about my tears
But don't you recognize the fears...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb dceaXe ffdgXd ggheeh X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 11110101 110111 01110100 1001110 110101 11110100 01000100 011101 0011100 11011101 110001 11111101 11001101 010101 01110101 01111010 011101 11001011 01011011 111101 01111011 01011101 110010 010111000001010001000101001010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words what, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Agony Of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.