This is an analysis of the poem Sad Song that begins with:
Do you hear me, you who are
So far away from me, my dear? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba XXXXaXXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 11010111 11111001 1010110101 01010101 110101 10011111000111 01010111 111101 00101010 1001101 111 11000010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, me are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sad Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.