This is an analysis of the poem A M. B..., Mon Défenseur that begins with:
C'est à vous qu'ici je dédie
Ces vers, enfants de mon loisir. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100111 11100110 1110011 11101100 111011110 111011 111110010 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A M. B..., Mon Défenseur;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Pierre François Lacenaire
- Analysis of A M. Altaroche
- Analysis of Le Dernier Chant
- Analysis of Pétition D'Un Voleur À Un Roi Voisin