This is an analysis of the poem A M. Altaroche that begins with:
Je suis un voleur, un filou,
Un scélérat, je le confesse, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110110 1111010 1111110 11110101 111110100 110110 111101 11110101 111110 111101 101011111 101111010 11101110 110110 11111110 10010100 11111010 1111111 11001110 110101 1101100 1111011 10010100 1101100 0101010 100110 101100 111111010 01110010 1110010 111111000 11001100 11101111 01000110 1110110 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; je, un are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A M. Altaroche;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Pierre François Lacenaire
- Analysis of Le Dernier Chant
- Analysis of Pétition D'Un Voleur À Un Roi Voisin
- Analysis of A M. B..., Mon Défenseur