This is an analysis of the poem Excuse À Ariste that begins with:
... Je sais ce que je vaux, et crois ce qu'on m'en dit.
Pour me faire admirer je ne fais point de ligue :...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111111111011 11101011111101 1101111111111 1101011101 11111100111 10111010101 1011011110 11111011100 10100110000 110011011 11001011110 11100010111100 111111111100 1111110110 111111111110 11100101010 01111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 817
- Average number of words per stanza: 155
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; je, pour, de are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines tre, e are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Excuse À Ariste;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.