This is an analysis of the poem A La Marquise that begins with:
Marquise, si mon visage
A quelques traits un peu vieux,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaXa XXXX XXXb cXcb XXXX dXdX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101110 0101111 1001111 1111011 0111110 1111101 11010110 110111 01111110 111111 11111111 11011111 10011010 111010 11011100 0110001 11101001 111110 1011011 11110111 1101011 1111101 111111 11011001 11111 11011 11110011 100111101 101110 10010110 11110010 1101111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A La Marquise;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.