This is an analysis of the poem An Hymn To Humanity that begins with:
Lo! for this dark terrestrial ball...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbcddc X ddeffe X ggeddX X eedffd a aaXgge a hhfddf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 110101001 10001011 010101 01010001 11011101 100101 1 01000110 01010111 1101001 11010001 010011101 1011101 1 100011111 101010101 1010101 101010101 100011001 101001100 1 11010101 11010101 110101 01000101 11111001 010101 1 111100101 01010101 1111010 01000101 101101101 110111 1 11010101 11110101 010101 01010101 01010101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Hymn To Humanity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.