This is an analysis of the poem An Hymn To The Evening that begins with:
SOON as the sun forsook the eastern main
The pealing thunder shook the heav'nly plain;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccXddeeffddaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010101 0101010101 0100100101 100001001001 1101010111 1101110101 110111011 1 1011000101 1111010101 0101001101 1001011101 1101010001 1101011101 1101110101 1101000101 1111000101 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 774
- Average number of words per stanza: 134
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Hymn To The Evening;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.