This is an analysis of the poem My Queen Of Dreams that begins with:
In the warm flushed heart of the rose-red west,
When the great sun quivered and died to-day, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdaaD efefggdaaD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0011100111 10111001101 1101111111 11010111001 11111 101001 1011100101 11101 11111 0010111101 1101101101 10111000111 010111101 1110100111 11111 11111 1011110111 11101 11111 0010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 490
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word reign at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Queen Of Dreams;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.