This is an analysis of the poem Hast Thou Forgotten Me? that begins with:
HAST thou forgotten me? the days are dark—
Light ebbs from heaven, and songless soars the lark— ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabB ccbB bbbB ddbB bbbB eebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010111 11010110101 1111110101 110101 1101011101 11110010101 1111111101 110101 1101010111 1001110101 1111111100 110101 1101010111 1111111111 10011110101 110101 1101011111 01110111001 1111010111 110101 1101011101 01011100011 1111010001 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1080
- Average number of words per stanza: 176
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hast Thou Forgotten Me?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.