This is an analysis of the poem Linas Aften- Og Morgenbøn that begins with:
Nu lukker sig mit Øie;
o, Fader i det Høie! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabXa XXXXXX XXbXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 110111 11011 111111 110110 11011111 1100100 1100100 11011101 1111110 1001000 1111111 1111110 110111 10110111 11111 111111 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; fra is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word hvad is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ie is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Linas Aften- Og Morgenbøn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.