This is an analysis of the poem Mythos that begins with:
Een hoge hand steekt in de nacht
en zij steekt vóór de nacht ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001 111101 1001100110 1111110 110111111 111111110 10011101 1111010 111110 1111 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nacht, de are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nacht is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mythos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.