This is an analysis of the poem Bersaglieri Song that begins with:
A gentleman going up the street
a gentleman going down the street ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbXXXdeedBcbadXcXXbBdbXeab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010101 010010101 110010111 100110011 101010011 10100101001100 10100101001100 010100 11110 110010110011 01010010110011 011001010 0110101101101101 01101 01101 100110111010111 1110 101001 001 01001100 010100 101100 0110101101101101 11110 11111101 110011 110111011 1011 1001011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1036
- Average number of words per stanza: 193
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; gentleman, going, up, of, and, his, other, high, hat, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, right, the, of, that are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines street, wenryson, hand are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bersaglieri Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.