This is an analysis of the poem Dely that begins with:
Jes' lak toddy wahms you thoo'
Sets yo' haid a reelin',...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabcXcX dbdbXXbX bXXbceXe fXfXghgX iXiXEheh EXeXajaj eXebXbjX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111 111010 1110011 11011110 10111101 1111010 11010111 111010 11110101 101010 1111111 111010 0111101 1011110 1010111 1011110 1011011 111110 1010101 100010 1110111 1001001 1010101 1101111 1110111 111010 1010111 1011110 11111101 100110 0111111 1111110 1011101 111110 1010101 100110 1011110 111010 1111101 101010 1011110 111100 1110111 11111010 11011111 1111011 11111111 1111011 1110111 1101010 1110111 111010 1011111 101110 1111111 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; 's, i, de, to, me, you, an', huh, dey are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words she, dat are repeated.
The author used the same word dely at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase dely connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dely;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.