This is an analysis of the poem Poor Withered Rose that begins with:
Poor withered rose, she gave it me,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabbaa X ccXX ddddXc cceeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,4,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01 11011101 10011101 01011111 11011101 11011101 010101001 10 01010101 01110001 10011111 11011100 11011111 11110101 11110101 110011111 111111000 101011101 1101111 11110111 11010101 11011101 11111101 10110011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 132
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; half, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word as is repeated.
The author used the same word poor at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poor Withered Rose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.