This is an analysis of the poem A Dream Of The South Winds that begins with:
O FRESH, how fresh and fair
Through the crystal gulfs of air, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb ddeffe ffeXXe gXdXXd hhfhhf ggbXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 1010101 01011101010101 1011101 0010001 11010101010101 0010101 1010111 11010101011101 00101010 1101010 010111001010101 1100101 1001001 11010100010111 1011111 1011101 01111101011101 1111010 11001101 10011110111101 11101010 00101100 101010101011101 1111111 11011001 01010100010111 1101011 1101011 01010100011101 0111110 101000010 011011111010101 1010101 1010101 101010110011101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words what, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Dream Of The South Winds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.