This is an analysis of the poem 'Too oft the poet in elaborate verse' that begins with:
Too oft the poet in elaborate verse,
Flushed with quaint images and gorgeous tropes,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaaabbacdcdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010001011 10110011010 1001011011 1011111101 0101010101 0100010001 1111011001 0111011101 1111010111 1111001101 01001111111 0101010101 1111011111 11010100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 618
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Too oft the poet in elaborate verse';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.