This is an analysis of the poem The Gathering of the Star that begins with:
UNTO thee shall be given a boat, and thou shalt all alone embark ...
The oars shall sleep along thy slumber in the dark....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab bbccdd aacccc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 10110100111110101 011101110001 1101000111 010111010101 11010101000111 1101110111 10001010111 1001010111 110101011101 110111110101 0101010101 1101110101 1101010101 1011010101 1111000111 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gathering of the Star;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.