This is an analysis of the poem The Reeds Around the Pond that begins with:
THE swallow flees. The twilight falls apace. The swallow flees, and the hawk follows. The moon is sparkling on the pond's chill face, and in its...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111010101101100101001011110010101010 110101010111111101110001101010101111010101 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 3
- Average number of symbols per line: 128 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 24
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Reeds Around the Pond;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.