This is an analysis of the poem Avatar that begins with:
Près du Tigre, sous des papillons mouvants,
Dans un jardin de marbre où chante une piscine,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011110010 11100111110 100111011100 11100011010 11110111010 10111001101 11110011110 11101110100 11101011010 111111011100 11111101100 110010100100 1011011011010 1111010111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; des, et are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Avatar;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.